There is a little village called Margaree Harbor on the west side of Cape Breton...closer to PEI! The whole Margaree Valley is beautiful! Margaree River has some of the best Salmon Fishing in NS!
Arrived in Nova Scotia, staying in the Halifax suburb so I can visit with my dear aunt Anne. Oh how I have missed her!! wen went to Peggy's Cove today, an iconic Nova Scotia village and a painters DREAM!!! indulge me if I add too my photos!! Peggy's Cove Lighthouse so many painting opps!!! We stopped at a cute little restaurant so lunch for yummy seafood stew and Tourtiere a traditional meat and potato pie. back at Anne and Randys we had oysters and lobsters. the oyster shells were so colorful. I shared my hot pepper miso butter panko oysters with Anne and Randy ( you've seen past pictures, lol) I struck gold with coral (lobster roe) it was a fun grama memory because that's who really taught me my obsession with lobster. My artist grama Louise, who was Annes god mother and step mom! It is so wonderful to connect with a part of my family past that I miss so very much. My jaw should hurt we have been sharing so many stories.
Welcome all! Kimble's are on the road again. Traveling north to New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Cape Breton and PEI. first stop St Andrews By the sea for my Birthday weekend!! Camping on the water. Life is good!! The Algonquin Resort ! a great place for a pre birthday dinner. lol. let me indulge you in some food!! Yummy meal of seafood chowder and then the best Lobster Gnocchi (forgot to take picture, lol) And then for my birthday we found the Rossmount Inn. The best meal I have had in years !!!! oyster shooters in gaspacho sea scallops in the best sauce Duck breast lobster on mac and cheese gourmet style!!! ginger creme Brulé omg best meal ever!! First classic New Brunswick shot!!
Ah, yes - those pebbles!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! BW
ReplyDeleteLooks like you are toward Cape Breton! You'll love it up there. I hope you catch some Maritime music ( live)!
ReplyDeleteSafe travels 🇨🇦
There is a little village called Margaree Harbor on the west side of Cape Breton...closer to PEI! The whole Margaree Valley is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteMargaree River has some of the best Salmon Fishing in NS!
I'm drooling my way thru this blog, Laura - and not just for the cuisine! Keep it coming!
ReplyDelete